FTSE: Lowest Closing Level Since 2010
Fiona Cincotta August 4, 2011 4:40 PM
<p>The FTSE had the lowest closing level since 2010 yesterday due to uncertainty of global growth. The FTSE is rising this morning after a late rally […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- The FTSE had the lowest closing level since 2010 yesterday due to uncertainty of global growth.
- The FTSE is rising this morning after a late rally on Wall Street as investors are encouraged by hopes of further stimulus.
- Bargain hunters may help drive markets again as equities are looking quite cheap.
- Earnings results will be released today by Lloyds, British Land, Unilever and Inmarsat.
- In economic data, the UK Interest rate decision will be released at 11am (London time). The rate is expected to remain unchanged at 0.5%.
- Also keep an eye out for US jobless claims at 1.30pm (London time).
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.