FTSE is currently up 35 points in this morning’s session, at 6470
Trading Floor News March 8, 2013 8:00 PM
<p>With a bullish start in UK trading, the FTSE is currently up 35 points in this morning’s session, at 6470. Following positive data from both […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- With a bullish start in UK trading, the FTSE is currently up 35 points in this morning’s session, at 6470. Following positive data from both the US and news from London’s biggest riser Vodafone, analysts expect a continuation which could see UK markets rally past their 5-year highs, seen in earlier sessions.
- In further news, policy makers at the ECB stipulated that they have no current plans to increase the base-rate of 0.5%. On the back of this, sterling gained strength trading at $1.5053, while an already strong euro gained .86% to 1.3078.
- In Europe, the German DAX is trading up around 50 points at 7989, with the CAC 40 trading up around 30 points at 3825.
- Across the pond, the DOW closed up 34 points at 14329, with the NASDAQ also closing up just shy of 10 points at 3232.With US markets continuing their rally, traders be keeping close, yet optimistic eye on this afternoons non-farm payroll figures.
- In commodities, traders also remain cautious ahead of the US employment data, with gold swinging between advances and declines — trading at 1579. Brent prices gained 1.3% in yesterday’s trading following positive US jobless claims, with traders also remaining cautious ahead of today’s non-farm figures. Crudes April delivery contracts remain steady at 91.53.
- So with all eyes on the US, and markets remaining optimistic for positive results, we end todays update.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.