FTSE gains as Greek vote threat fades
City Index November 4, 2011 2:21 PM
<p>The FTSE 100 opened positive this morning, currently up 40 points. The DAX 30 is down 2 points, CAC 40 is up 11 points and […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- The FTSE 100 opened positive this morning, currently up 40 points.
- The DAX 30 is down 2 points, CAC 40 is up 11 points and Dow Futures are currently trading up 4 points.
- The FTSE has gained as the threat of a Greek vote fades, although traders remain concerned.
- Commodities have experienced gains today on the back of robust US economic data and ahead of the non-farm payrolls that will be released later today.
- Gold is trading at $1,759 today while US crude oil for January delivery is trading at $85.10.
- In currencies, GBP/USD is currently trading at 1.6004, EUR/USD is trading at 1.3820 and USD/JPY is trading at 78.05.
- In economic data, the US non-farm payrolls will be released at 12.30pm (UK time).