FTSE Falls Below Psychological Level
City Index August 19, 2011 4:38 PM
<p>The FTSE 100 opened negative this morning and is currently trading down 120 points. The DAX is trading down 164 points, the CAC is down […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- The FTSE 100 opened negative this morning and is currently trading down 120 points.
- The DAX is trading down 164 points, the CAC is down 55 points and Dow futures are currently down 152 points.
- The FTSE today has dropped below the 5000 psychological level on fears that a global slowdown would tip major economies into recession.
- Banks are the worst hit, with Lloyds down 7.7% and Barclays and RBS down 6%.
- In currencies, GBP/USD is trading at 1.6513, EUR/USD is trading at 1.4315 and USD/JPY is trading at 76.43.
- Gold is currently trading at 1860 per troy ounce, holding on to the highs of the week as investors rush towards safe-haven investments.
- Crude oil for September delivery is currently at $10951 per barrel.
- No major economic data is scheduled for release today.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.