FTSE down around 16 points this morning
Trading Floor News October 10, 2012 5:00 PM
<p>- The FTSE is down around 16 points this morning as the IMF states that banks may need to shrink assets and miners fall – […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- The FTSE is down around 16 points this morning as the IMF states that banks may need to shrink assets and miners fall
- Across on the continent the CAC and DAX have escaped relatively unscathed despite continued eurozone unease with France’s index down 3.5 points at 3374 and Germany’s down 3.5 too at 7222
- The Dow was harder hit closing down 110 points at 13473. Defence and Aerospace company BAE systems are down just over 1.5% as today’s 5pm deadline looms for talks between British, French and German governments about the planned mergers with EADS.
- The deal if it goes ahead would see the creation of the world’s largest company of its type. At the moment the deal seems close to collapse, however, as the three governments struggle to see eye to eye.
- Another stock to keep an eye on is Toyota which ended yesterday session down 1.9% after they announced the recall of 7.4 million cars worldwide – something which doesn’t bode well for its already dented reputation.
- Looking back at the UK banks are topping the leader board with Lloyds up 3.45% as the FSA relaxes its banking rules on capital requirement to increase lending.
- Finally, at 7pm this evening we have the US beige book coming out providing a strong indication of FOMC intention with regards to their next interest rate decision.
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.