FTSE down 43 points so far today
Fiona Cincotta November 23, 2011 3:12 PM
<p>The FTSE is down 43 points so far today, currently trading at 5170 on the back of weak Chinese manufacturing data. The miners are the […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- The FTSE is down 43 points so far today, currently trading at 5170 on the back of weak Chinese manufacturing data.
- The miners are the worst hit, with Rio Tinto and BHP Billiton down 1.7% and 0.9% respectively.
- JP Morgan however is maintaining its optimistic outlook for miners in the medium term.
- Banks are down 16% in November so far. Banks continue to be under pressure as investors are nervous about news that the US Federal Reserve is planning to test six of the largest banks against hypothetical market shock.
- Elsewhere, defensive stocks are dominating, with Centrica, Scottish and Southern Energy and Imperial Tobacco doing well.
- In economic data, US durable goods orders will be released at 1.30pm (UK time), followed by the University of Michigan Consumer Confidence survey at 2.55pm (UK time).
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.