FTSE down 34 points at 8.30am
City Index September 29, 2011 4:31 PM
<p>With the FTSE trading within a range since early August, the markets yesterday snapped a 3-day rally, closing down 76 points at 5217. As traders […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- With the FTSE trading within a range since early August, the markets yesterday snapped a 3-day rally, closing down 76 points at 5217.
- As traders await the vote in Germany’s Parliament for the European rescue fund, the market has followed weakness in the US and overnight in Asia.
- The FTSE is down 34 points at 5183.
- Mixed trading across Europe, with the German Dax slightly negative while in France the CAC is slightly positive.
- Miners are the hardest hit this morning, with Xstrata losing 3.3% in early trading.
- Fresnillo, Rio Tinto and Vedanta are all amongst the biggest fallers.
- However things are a little sweeter for Tate & Lyle, the biggest gainer, up 2.2% as they see a year of profitable growth ahead.
- US jobless claims and GDP at 1.30pm (UK time) and US Pending Home Sales at 3pm are worth keeping an eye on.