FTSE down 34 points at 8.30am
City Index September 29, 2011 4:31 PM
<p>With the FTSE trading within a range since early August, the markets yesterday snapped a 3-day rally, closing down 76 points at 5217. As traders […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- With the FTSE trading within a range since early August, the markets yesterday snapped a 3-day rally, closing down 76 points at 5217.
- As traders await the vote in Germany’s Parliament for the European rescue fund, the market has followed weakness in the US and overnight in Asia.
- The FTSE is down 34 points at 5183.
- Mixed trading across Europe, with the German Dax slightly negative while in France the CAC is slightly positive.
- Miners are the hardest hit this morning, with Xstrata losing 3.3% in early trading.
- Fresnillo, Rio Tinto and Vedanta are all amongst the biggest fallers.
- However things are a little sweeter for Tate & Lyle, the biggest gainer, up 2.2% as they see a year of profitable growth ahead.
- US jobless claims and GDP at 1.30pm (UK time) and US Pending Home Sales at 3pm are worth keeping an eye on.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.