The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- The FTSE 100 opened positive this morning and is currently trading up 67 points.
- The DAX is up 85 points, the CAC is up 52 points and Dow Futures are currently trading up 57 points.
- The FTSE 100 Index is today extending the strong rally seen in the previous session following gains on Wall Street and in Asia, as worries over a potential global recession and the eurozone debt crisis ease.
- Investors will be focused on the latest meetings of both the Bank of England and the European Central Bank (ECB) on Thursday for any action to help soothe the financial markets worried about the eurozone debt crisis and recession fears. In forex, GBP/USD is currently trading at 1.5458, EUR/USD is trading at 1.3349 and USD/JPY is trading at 76.67.
- Gold is today trading at 1,641, and Crude Oil for November delivery is today trading at $80.08.
- In economic data, all eyes will be on the BoE rate announcement at 12noon and the ECB rate announcement at 12.45pm (UK time). At 1.30pm, keep an eye out for US Jobless Claims data.
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.