FTSE – 18 at 5797 after closing in the previous session above 5800
Fiona Cincotta May 2, 2012 3:26 PM
<p>FTSE – 18 at 5797 after closing in the previous session above 5800. This was the first time since April 3rd following stronger US manufacturing […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- FTSE – 18 at 5797 after closing in the previous session above 5800. This was the first time since April 3rd following stronger US manufacturing data.
- Strong earnings mixed with weak eurozone economic data this morning.
- Germany unemployment is higher than expected, the rate remains at 6.8%.
- BSkyB reported record nine-month operating profits which is now trading +2.1% and top of the FTSE leader board.
- NEXT, Britains second biggest clothing retailer met forecasts for quarterly sales trading up +2% this morning.
- Ex-dividend day saw Admiral, Weir and Barclays trading without their dividend entitlement meaning they were the biggest losers on FTSE.
- At 10am GMT the EU zone unemployement rate is announced.
- At 3pm GMT the US factory orders are out and tomorrow the ECB rate decision with the non-farm payroll are out on Friday.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.