The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- The UK 100 opened positive this morning, up 22 points.
- The UK index is currently up 43 points, while the Dax is up 40 points, CAC is up 27 points and Dow Futures are up 24 points so far.
- Britain’s FTSE 100 Index was seen opening up 25 points, tracking strong gains overnight on Wall Street and in Asia after signs of progress on a US budget-reduction deal, and following some solid US corporate earnings.
- GBP/USD is currently at 1.6077, EUR/USD is trading at 1.4185 and USD/JPY is trading at 7894.
- Gold is currently trading at 1.593, off highs of 1.610 seen yesterday.
- Crude oil futures for September delivery are at $9875 per barrel, increasing since last night.
- In economic data, German PPI figures were released at 7am (UK time) this morning, coming in better than expected.
- At 9.30am (UK time) minutes from the BoE’s last MPC meeting were announced. #
- Later today, keep an eye out for US existing home sales at 3pm, followed by the Canadian Monetary Policy report at 3.30pm.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.