FTSE 100 shows a small decline from yesterday’s close, still holding above the 6,300 level
Trading Floor News February 19, 2013 3:00 PM
<p>- Stocks have opened on a slightly bearish note in Asia today, as the Nikkei is currently down 36 points at around 11,372. – In […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- Stocks have opened on a slightly bearish note in Asia today, as the Nikkei is currently down 36 points at around 11,372.
- In Europe, the FTSE 100 has also started the day with a small decline from yesterday’s close, though still holding above the 6,300 level.
- One of the most notable drops from today’s trading so far has been the Intercontinental Hotels Group. Despite reporting an 8% rise in operating profit for last year, news that the group will go ahead with the sale of its flagship New York Barclay and Intercontinental P park Lane hotels has taken its share price down a few percent to 1,935.
- In the rest of Europe, the DAX is up slightly at 7,646, and the CAC 40 is also showing some marginal gains, up 11 points to 3,678.
- In the US, the Dow Jones is holding at 13,981.
- Looking at commodities, we have a mixed picture, as Gold and Silver are both showing some signs of weakness, whilst Crude Oil is up just under a percent in today’s trading so far.
- Looking at the major Forex pairs, the GBP/USD and the GBP/EUR have both shown gains at 1.5487 and 1,1598 respectively, and the EUR/USD is also hovering at the 1.3348 level.
- In other headlines, Publisher Reader’s Digest are the latest company to fall victim to difficult trading conditions as they file for bankruptcy.
- In car news, EU car sales fell to the lowest level for January, with Ford Motor Co. and PSA Peugeot Citroen posting the biggest drops, as economic contractions in the southern part of the region widened to Germany and France.
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.