FTSE 100 opens negative this morning
City Index November 17, 2011 3:15 PM
<p>The UK 100 opened negative this morning, currently down 28 points. The DAX is down 37 points, the CAC is down 13 points and Dow […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- The UK 100 opened negative this morning, currently down 28 points.
- The DAX is down 37 points, the CAC is down 13 points and Dow Futures are down 70 points.
- European stock index futures pointed to a lower open on Thursday following a sell-off on Wall Street after ratings agency Fitch said the outlook for US banks could worsen if the eurozone debt crisis is not resolved quickly.
- In currencies, GBP/USD is currently trading at 1.5744, EUR/USD is at 1.3481 and USD/JPY is at 76.98.
- Gold is currently at 1,763 per ounce and US crude oil for January delivery is at $111.67 per barrel.
- No major economic data is scheduled for release today.
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.