FTSE 100 at three-month low
City Index June 13, 2011 5:35 PM
<p>Friday saw the FTSE 100 hit a three-month low at 5765, down 90points. The Dow closed down 172 points as risk aversion hit commodity and […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- Friday saw the FTSE 100 hit a three-month low at 5765, down 90points. The Dow closed down 172 points as risk aversion hit commodity and banking stocks globally.
- Today saw a brighter start for UK markets, with the FTSE 100 up 23points at 5788.
- Dow futures are up 41 points currently.
- After their tumble last week, miners and banks are leading the FTSE today, with Eurasian the biggest gainer so far, up 4.5%.
- Kazakhmys is up 3.5% and Vedanta is up 1.5%. Lloyds is looking stronger, up 2%.
- In banks, Barclays is up 1.5%.
- On the downside however, we have Aggreko, off 3.5% as Numis cut its rating for the company to ‘Sell’.
- No major data due for release today, but later in the week we have British inflation, unemployment, and retail sales numbers to keep an eye out for.
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.