Flat start in the UK main index
Trading Floor News November 12, 2012 4:15 PM
<p>- Begin the week with a flat start in the UK main index. Partly due to mixed news from Asian markets, with Chinese exports growing […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- Begin the week with a flat start in the UK main index. Partly due to mixed news from Asian markets, with Chinese exports growing offset by Japan’s GDP contraction. Also in Europe, Greece passed their 2013 austerity budget, which is important in securing the next tranche of bailout fund for them.
- The FTSE is at 5775 so almost exactly flat from Fridays close, the DAX is at 7148 about 12 points lower, and the CAC is at 3407 about 13 points lower.
- So a moderately lacklustre start seen across the board, the FTSE mainly dragged lower by miners that are trading lower as base metal prices have weakened a little bit on lower demand.
- Anglo-American, Xstrata, Eurasian Natural Resources and Antofagasta all amongst the biggest fallers, all around 1.5% down.
- The biggest riser is Admiral Group with the insurers and financials looking marginally stronger. Admiral Group currently 2.7% up.
- A pretty quiet day on both the corporate and economic data front for today, although European wholesale price index figures did come through a bit lower than expected. Do keep your eyes on the economic calendar on our site for some potentially market moving data this week.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.