Eurozone: no signs of stabilisation
Mansur Chowdhury June 26, 2012 2:21 PM
<p>It appears the ongoing turmoil in the Eurozone made no signs of stabilisation despite the formation of a new government in Greece. And market focus […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- It appears the ongoing turmoil in the Eurozone made no signs of stabilisation despite the formation of a new government in Greece. And market focus has shifted to Spain, Italy and now even Cyprus, indicating the contagious impact of the sovereign debt crisis in the region.
- Investors also showing signs that they’re possibly losing hope that any game-changing outcome will be announced after the EU summit later this week. So having started the week with a 1% fall yesterday, the FTSE is trading higher by 16 points at 5465, German DAX up 16 points at 6150 and French CAC up 6 points at 3033.
- Oil and gas provider Petrofac are amongst the biggest risers so far, after posting 1H trading update and announcing they remain on course to deliver net profit growth in 2012 of at least 15%. Their shares are 2.4% higher at 1389.
- The biggest loser is Serco Group. Despite forecasting strong revenue growth is 2012, they still expect to take a hit from tough conditions in America. They’re trading 2.4% lower at 527.
- Gold is still flat today at 1585. And the dollar index slightly lower against major currencies, with the Cable up 0.3% at 1.561 and the EUR/USD up 0.1% at 1.2512.
- In major economic data, keep your eyes open for US consumer confidence figures later in the afternoon.
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.