European markets trade lower this morning with the FTSE down
Trading Floor News January 16, 2013 3:40 PM
<p>- European markets traded lower this morning with the FTSE down at 6102 and the mining and banking sectors pulling the index lower. – In […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- European markets traded lower this morning with the FTSE down at 6102 and the mining and banking sectors pulling the index lower.
- In result of the disappointing metal prices, Anglo American was the worst performer dropping 3% on news of a strike at one of its mines in South Africa with rio tinto following down 13.5p.
- RBS bank still suffering with concerns over its libor fixing fine down 3.45p and Lloyds bank also weaker down 0.42p.
- On the upside UK Burberry was top gainer, up 5% reporting strong revenues over Christmas, Overall quite a tense market today with fiscal concerns continuing in the US and new fears for Europe. The euros 10-month rally has now proposed a threat to the Eurozone, the strength of the euro is said to be too high making Eurozone products more expensive for countries outside the group.
- With lack of UK corporate news investors will turn their attention over to the US where JP Morgan and Goldman sacs kick of the bank reporting season today.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.