European markets are in positive territory this morning
Trading Floor News February 1, 2013 3:04 PM
<p>- European markets are in positive territory this morning, the FTSE opened 6 to 13 points higher at 6302, after encouraging manufacturing data from china […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- European markets are in positive territory this morning, the FTSE opened 6 to 13 points higher at 6302, after encouraging manufacturing data from china and with traders eager ahead of U.S jobs data this afternoon hopefully coming out better than expected, the unemployment rate is expected to be steady at 7.8%.
- Chinese data is looking up but remaining very slow, as Chinese new year approaches, it may remain sluggish for the next 2 months.
- On the downside Spanish banks tumbled after Spanish authorities on Thursday lifted a ban on short selling stocks, shares of Santander lost 2.8% and Spanish lender BBVA said its net profit fell 44% in 2012, hitting the Spanish ibex which dropped 1.5% to 8233.
- On the home front telecoms BT group topped the leader board after confirming to post a 7% rise in third quarter profit, despite some disappointing numbers from some major companies the fourth quarter of earnings season has gone well.
- A strong market so far, today’s US non-farm payrolls out this afternoon at 1.30pm will be grabbing attention.
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.