European Leaders continue to address low unemployment rates across the continent
Trading Floor News March 15, 2013 7:50 PM
<p>- We’re off to a slow start this morning as we come to the end of a reasonably quiet week of trading and enter the […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- We’re off to a slow start this morning as we come to the end of a reasonably quiet week of trading and enter the second day of the EU Summit meeting where European Leaders continue to address low unemployment rates across the continent as well as discussing potential budget plans to reduce the ongoing debt crisis.
- Any news from the Summit could be a potential market mover, however, be sure to keep an eye out for Scheduled data such as the Consumer Price Index figures which are released at 10am for Europe and 12:30 for the US.
- In addition to this we also have the consumer sentiment from the US at 1:55pm.
- Markets seem to be continuing an upward trend with a couple of Indicies approaching or breaking through all time highs.
- The Dow Jones yesterday broke through 14,500 and continued to a high of 14,545 which was registered at 6:30 this morning.
- FTSE and DAX are also very strong however remain little changed mid morning with the FTSE pricing at 6527, 3 points down and the DAX pricing 8050 just 2 points down on the day.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.