European leaders’ €120bn Stimulus Plan
City Index June 29, 2012 10:28 PM
<p>Yesterday, we saw the Dow Jones recover earlier losses to end the day down 24 points with equity futures continuing to rise overnight after European […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- Yesterday, we saw the Dow Jones recover earlier losses to end the day down 24 points with equity futures continuing to rise overnight after European leaders agreed to a €120bn stimulus plan to encourage growth and create jobs.
- Main mover to the downside yesterday was Barclays, losing around 15% to end the day at 165.6 pence as the anti-fraud investigators continue with their investigations surrounding the manipulation of interbank lending rates.
- RBS also DROPPED 11% to end at 206.4 pence.
- We have seen a positive start to the FTSE 100 today, UP 63 points to 5556 with miners showing the greatest gains from strong commodity prices. The bankers opened strong initially but have retraced to being broadly flat after the major losses seen yesterday.
- The Governor of the Bank of England, Mervyn King is chairing a press conference to discuss the Financial Stability report. This may give indications on the Bank of England’s outlook for next Thursday MPC meeting which may see the bank add further monetary stimulus to their existing asset purchase plan.
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.