Market News & Analysis
European Equity Market Handover – 17th April 2019
Ken Odeluga April 17, 2019 2:38 PM
Stock market snapshot as of [17/4/2019 2:34 PM]
- Stock market momentum from China’s higher-than-forecast growth turned out to be mild, given uncertainty about whether the data represented a sustained rebound
- China’s stock market hit a new 13-month though the benchmark Shanghai Composite index rose just 0.3%
- Despite a lift for Europe’s auto sector on talk that Chinese authorities could ease restrictions on car licenses, Europe’s STOXX 600 gauge also paused after hitting 8-month highs
- Netflix’s disappointing outlook casts an unfortunate tone over the start of the earnings season after mixed results from the largest U.S. banks in recent days
- The latest of these, from Morgan Stanley, were better received after strong investment management revenues lifted overall results above forecast
Upcoming corporate highlights
From time to time, GAIN Capital Limited’s (“we”, “our”) website may contain links to other sites and/or resources provided by third parties. These links and/or resources are provided for your information only and we have no control over the contents of those materials, and in no way endorse their content. Any analysis, opinion, commentary or research-based material on our website is for information and educational purposes only and is not, in any circumstances, intended to be an offer, recommendation or solicitation to buy or sell. You should always seek independent advice as to your suitability to speculate in any related markets and your ability to assume the associated risks, if you are at all unsure. No representation or warranty is made, express or implied, that the materials on our website are complete or accurate. We are not under any obligation to update any such material.
As such, we (and/or our associated companies) will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage incurred by you or any third party arising out of, or in connection with, any use of the information on our website (other than with regards to any duty or liability that we are unable to limit or exclude by law or under the applicable regulatory system) and any such liability is hereby expressly disclaimed.