Stock market snapshot as of [27/6/2019 0433 GMT]
- Ahead of the European session open, “trade optimism” has started to build up again where Asian stocks have reversed up after 4-days of losses since last Fri, 21 Jun. Another major Asian based media outlet, SCMP has reported that U.S. and China officials have tentatively agreed another round of trade tariff truce ahead of the Trump-Xi G20 meeting on 29 Jun.
- In addition, the media report has quoted two sources that suggested a deadline of six months while both sides work to restart trade negotiation talks after the G20 meeting before additional U.S. tariffs are being imposed. China related plays are the outperformer today where the China A50 and Hang Seng Index rallied by 1.85% and 1.13% so far in today’s Asian mid-session as expected, click here for a recap.
- The S&P 500 E-mini futures has gained as well by 0.39% to print a current intraday high of 2926 from yesterday’s U.S session close of 2915.
- European stock indices CFD futures are showing modest gains at this juncture where the Germany DAX is up by 0.34% and almost unchanged for the FTSE 100.
- Key European economic data releases to take note later will be EU business climate survey for Jun at 0900 GMT follow by Germany’s Jun CPI at 1200 GMT.
*Data from Refinitiv. Index names may not reflect tradable instruments and not all markets are available in all regions.
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.