Equity Handover 12th April 2019
- Stock buyers are finding sufficient reasons to return, having struggled earlier in the session
- China’s rebounding exports bolstered hopes that a slowdown there has bottomed, despite another import slide
- Surprising euro flows in the Asian session also gave a fillip to risk appetite as the yen tumbled
- The move was reportedly linked to financing a large European loan book acquisition by Japan’s MUFG
- Uber’s IPO filing the night before and oil giant Chevron saying it will buy rival Anadarko for $33bn helps maintain investor confidence too
- JPMorgan earnings are the icing on the cake, with a better-than-forecast net interest income rise offsetting another trading slump. Wells Fargo also reported a firm-looking set of Q1 earnings
- Wall Street futures have shaken off early-morning weakness to trade 0.4%-0.6% higher
Upcoming corporate highlights
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.