Index names may not reflect tradable instruments and not all markets are available in all regions.
- After trading in positive territory for the entire day, US indices closed essentially flat in a quiet session.
- Communication Services (XLC) was the best performing sector on the day; Financials (XLF) were the weakest.
- US macroeconomic data:
- The Empire Fed Manufacturing Index (June) dropped to a nearly 3-year low at -8.6.
- The NAHB Housing Market Index (June) dropped to 64, below 67 expected
- Stocks on the move:
- Facebook (FB) rose 4% ahead of the tomorrow’s release of the whitepaper for its cryptocurrency Libra coin
- Netflix (NFLX) tacked on 3% after an analyst at Piper Jaffray issued a bullish forecast for US subscriber growth.
- Array BioPharma (ARRY) rocketed 56% after agreeing to be acquired by Pfizer for $11.4B.
- Auction house Sotheby’s (BID) rallied 59% in a $3.7B takeover deal from BidFair USA.
*There are no high-impact corporate announcements expected during tomorrow’s Asian session.*
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.