Stock market snapshot as of [28/6/2019 0525 GMT]
- Ahead of the European session, profit taking were seen across the board for Asian stock markets that retraced yesterday’s gains ahead of the key meeting between U.S President Trump and China President Xi on the side-lines of the G20 summit on Sat, 29 Jun at 0230 GMT.
- The worst performer is the Hong Kong’s Hang Seng Index where it has shed by -0.60% after yesterday’s rally that almost hit its recent swing high of 28634 printed on 24 Jun. Given the magnitude of its current loss, it is still trading above yesterday, 27 Jun low of 28287.
- As at today’s Asian mid-session, on the average the key Asian benchmark stock indices are almost unchanged for the week and are still holding above their respective key medium-term supports within an up-trending phase (click here for a recap).
- The S&P 500 E-mini futures is almost unchanged at yesterday’s U.S. session close of 2933 and traded within a tight range of 7 points as at today’s Asian mid-session.
- European stock indices CFD futures are showing mix performances where the German DAX is up by 0.11% and the FTSE 100 almost unchanged.
- Key European/U.K economic data releases to take note later will be U.K Q1 GDP out at 0830 GMT and Eurozone Jun CPI at 0900 GMT.
*Data from Refinitiv. Index names may not reflect tradable instruments and not all markets are available in all regions.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.