Index names may not reflect tradable instruments and not all markets are available in all regions.
- US indices marginally higher after a late rally. See our latest analysis on the Dow, DAX, and Eurostoxx 50.
- Sector performance was mixed, with energy stocks (XLE) dumping almost 2% while REITs (XLRE) gained nearly 2%.
- Oil dropped sharply midday, eventually closing nearly 5% lower on the day. Gold tacked on nearly 2% today.
- The NYSE will close at 1:00pm ET tomorrow in advance of the Independence Day holiday. The US stock market will be closed all day Thursday.
- Stocks on the move:
- Uber (UBER) and Lyft (LYFT) both closed lower on the day, despite bullish price targets from research shop Stifel.
- Pharmaceutical firm Amarin (AMRN) gained 16% after raising it’s full-year guidance.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.