ECB given overall responsibility for banking supervision by end of the year
Trading Floor News October 19, 2012 3:30 PM
<p>- It was established yesterday at the EU Economic Summit that the ECB will be given overall responsibility for banking supervision by the end of […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- It was established yesterday at the EU Economic Summit that the ECB will be given overall responsibility for banking supervision by the end of the year. By 2014 all European banks will be under their direction. This was a positive move for the eurozone and the Economic summit continues today
- Other figures which may be of influence later are the UK Public Sector Net Borrowing at 9.30am and the Existing Home Sales at 1.30pm for the US
- At 9am the FTSE was at 5910, the DOW at 13543 and the DAX at 7415. All three indices are down slightly
- Barclays is among the FTSE’s biggest losers today. It suffered yesterday after it was announced that the bill for mis-sold payment protection was higher than anticipated
- Aggreko is the biggest faller down 6%, and the strongest performances have been from Burberry and Johnson Matthey
- Google shares plummeted by 9% in yesterday’s session and was suspended for two-and-a-half hours after the internet giant released its third-quarter results early by mistake
- Overall the Nasdaq was down 31 points.
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.