Dow Jones and S&P 500 share indices have set new all-time highs on Wall Street
Trading Floor News April 3, 2013 4:20 PM
<p>- The European stock markets traded in negative territory this morning, as investors remained cautious ahead of key events later in the week, such as […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- The European stock markets traded in negative territory this morning, as investors remained cautious ahead of key events later in the week, such as the Central Bank meetings and U.S. employment data. This early fall is also led by Vodafone after takeover speculation surrounding the telecoms heavyweight was quashed overnight. Shares in Vodafone fell 2.7% after US firm Verizon Communications denied reports that it was mulling a takeover of the UK firm with AT&T
- Among country-specific indexes, France’s CAC lost 0.6%, while Germany’s DAX shed 0.1% and the FTSE 100 lost 0.4%.
- New York’s Dow Jones and S&P 500 share indexes have set new all-time highs on Wall Street.
- Standard Life and RSA Insurance are down after going ex-dividend, along with weakness in miners such as Fresnillo and ENRC.
- Energy supplier SSE has been fined £10.5m by the regulator Ofgem for mis-selling gas and electricity.
- Rio Tinto the mining company has hired Deutsche Bank to sell up to 29% of Coal & Allied unit.
- Looking at the economic data GBP Purchasing Manager Index Construction is released at 9:30 this morning followed by the EUR Euro-Zone Consumer Price Index Estimate at 10:00 am.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.