David Cameron reassess Britain’s position in the EU
Trading Floor News January 24, 2013 6:00 PM
<p>- FTSE 100 down this morning at 6197.18 followed with David Cameron to reassess Britain’s position in the EU. Wall Street up at 13,712.21. – […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- FTSE 100 down this morning at 6197.18 followed with David Cameron to reassess Britain’s position in the EU. Wall Street up at 13,712.21.
- Apple’s slowest profit reported since 2009 with Apple’s pre-market indicators down 15%
- Europe stocks down after a 2 week high run. The Dax was down at 7700.53 and we also saw German stocks fall for the second time in three days.
- Commerzbank AG was down 2% as plans were unveiled to cut up to 6000 positions. Deutsche Bank AG saw a 1.3% decline.
- In terms of economic data out today we had some strong Manufacturing results: China coming in almost as forecast at 51.9 showing growth in the sector; Germany reporting better than expected at 48.8 greater than 47.1
- Later on into today be sure to keep a look out for: Unemployment Claims in US at 1:30pm; US flash Manufacturing PMI at 2pm; UK we have the BoE MPC Member Weale giving a speech at 6:30pm; and all day today we also have the annual World Economic Forum meeting in Davos
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.