Clash between Germany and Brussels over new ECB supervision powers
City Index September 4, 2012 3:30 PM
<p>- It has been fairly quiet at the beginning of this week, with US markets closed yesterday for Labor Day. -FTSE closed up 47points at […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- It has been fairly quiet at the beginning of this week, with US markets closed yesterday for Labor Day.
-FTSE closed up 47points at 5758, ending a four-day losing streak, with mining stocks dominating the leader board – Fresnillo as yesterday’s strongest performer, was up 66 pence as the price of silver has risen for the second day in a row.
-This morning, UK shares were down at 5731 by 9am, and reports have revealed that retail sales have been hit by the London Olympics last month.
- The DAX and CAC were both up around 40 points yesterday ahead of the ECB meeting this week which could provide some solution to the eurozone Debt Crisis.
- There has been a clash between Germany and Brussels regarding new banking supervision powers and speculation surrounding this may see some market volatility in the build up to this.
- German and French shares were down slightly this morning whilst US shares were up 10 points at 13115.
- In the UK, we are awaiting figures out today at 9.30am – that’s the Construction PMI- forecast slightly lower than last month at 50.1. And at 3.30pm we have the ISM Manufacturing PMI for the US.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.