Bob Diamond to face MPs as part of the LIBOR scandal investigation
City Index July 4, 2012 10:24 PM
<p>Following his resignation as the CEO of Barclays yesterday, Bob Diamond will be facing MPs later today as the investigation over the Libor interest rate […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- Following his resignation as the CEO of Barclays yesterday, Bob Diamond will be facing MPs later today as the investigation over the Libor interest rate scandal continues. Barclays shares were down 0.8% by the close of business yesterday, after initially rising 4.4% earlier in the day when the resignation was announced.
- The FTSE closed at 5688, up 47 points, with strong performances from the mining sector- Vedanta the biggest riser, up 6%.
- By 8am this morning the FTSE was at 5682 dropping with poor performances from the banking sector. The DAX was at 6561 and the Dow at 12923, gaining points for the third consecutive day as oil prices rise.
- Today we have the Services PMI at 9.30am for the UK, however it will be a fairly quiet day as it is the US Independence Day, meaning that US markets will be closed.
- The ADP non-farm employment change has consequently been pushed forward to tomorrow, which will be a busier day as investors await the Bank of England interest rate decision at midday.
- The ECB Press Conference will be at 1.30pm, and the Spanish and French 10-year Bond Auctions will also be taking place.
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.