Stock market snapshot as of [07/5/2019 0606 GMT]
- Mix performance for Asian stock markets so far in today’s Asian mid-session after a significant drop seen in the S&P 500 E-mini futures in today’s Asian session at the open. It declined by 0.85% to print an intraday low of 2909 that has erased all the gains recorded in yesterday, 06 May U.S session. The cash S&P 500 ended 06 May U.S. session with a close of 2932.
- On-going renewed trade tension between U.S. and China where media reports had quoted from U.S. top trade negotiator, Robert Lighthizer that U.S. administration had planned to proceed with a tariff hike on Chinese imports on Fri.
- Japan cash stock market has reopened for business for the 1st day today after its extended Golden Week holiday where the Nikkei 225 plummeted by -1.5% and it is now looking vulnerable for a bearish breakdown below the 21880 key medium-term range support (click here for more details as per highlighted in our latest weekly outlook report).
- The Australian ASX 200 has given up its earlier gains and traded near its intraday low of 6283 after RBA put its key policy cash rate on hold and cited developments in the labour market will play a significant pivotal role on its interest rate decision in the upcoming meetings.
- European stock indices futures are indicating a negative open where the FTSE 100 and German DAX futures are downed by -0.55% and -0.32% respectively.
Corporate Highlights (Europe)
NTS: no time specific
*Data from Refinitiv. Index names may not reflect tradable instruments and not all markets are available in all regions.
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.