As the sun continues to shine in London, the FTSE 100 continues to fall
City Index July 25, 2012 3:22 PM
<p>As the sun continues to shine in London, the FTSE 100 continues to fall, suffering another day of losses, down 4% over their four straight […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- As the sun continues to shine in London, the FTSE 100 continues to fall, suffering another day of losses, down 4% over their four straight days of falls.
- As fears over Spain’s impending debt and European banks exposure to the country, coupled with concerns Greece will be unable to meet the terms of their debt restricting package, markets were hoping for some positive news from Apple to steady their nerves.
- This was not the case as the stock fell 5% towards the close of the US and figures released post market show results that missed market expectations.
- The FTSE is currently down 10 points at 5489 while the German DAX is a touch below parity at 6398.
- We currently have BT Group and Scottish and Southern as the two biggest fallers this morning.
- The two stocks are down around 4.5% each.
- However, Arm Holdings lend the FTSE a hand as the biggest gainer, up around 3.5%, as their results excelled despite those from Apple.
- With UK GDP figures at 9.30am and US New Home Sales at 3pm this afternoon, as well as a raft of US bellwethers, there is plenty in this market for traders despite all the sunshine.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.