As the eurozone is once again gripped with fear
City Index May 30, 2012 2:49 PM
<p>As the eurozone is once again gripped with fear, eyes fall on Italy today as they host a 10-year bond auction. Further information from the […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- As the eurozone is once again gripped with fear, eyes fall on Italy today as they host a 10-year bond auction.
- Further information from the European Commission’s economic strategy will hopefully give a clearer indication for fiscal consolidation with the focus on Spain and Italy.
- All this indecision has lead to a reversal from yesterday’s gains and currently we see the FTSE down 50 points at 5342.
- In Europe the Spanish Ibex is down 1.3%, the Italian MIB is 0.6% down and the Dax is just shy of 1% down as well.
- The Dow Futures are currently down 55 points at 12,522.
- Unsurprisingly the biggest fallers on the FTSE this morning are the ex-div stocks.
- National Grid down 4%, Capital Shopping Centres down 4%, Amec are off 3.5% while M&S are 3% down as well.
- Man Group however are bucking the trend, they are the biggest gainer, UP 1.3% this morning having lost around 40% of their value this year alone.
- As well as the Italian bond auction, we also have US Pending Home Sales at 3pm and the ECB President Mario Draghi speaking around the close of European markets.
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.