Another turbulent week has again seen fresh highs amidst sessions of sharp sell offs
City Index February 24, 2012 4:49 PM
<p>Another turbulent week has again seen fresh highs amidst sessions of sharp sell offs. A quieter start to today however sees European markets in positive […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- Another turbulent week has again seen fresh highs amidst sessions of sharp sell offs.
- A quieter start to today however sees European markets in positive territory, with the FTSE only barely in the black at 5939.
- The French CAC is 0.7% higher and the German DAX is just shy of 1%, up at 6872 despite some sharp sell offs since the open.
- Despite a pre-tax loss of £3.5 billion pounds for Lloyds, they started positively but have subsequently sold off, now over 2.5% down.
- RBS has also joined the loserboard, down 2% as well.
- Capita is once again at the top of the pile, up 2.5%.
- We also have Hammerson up 2.5% as well.
- The main focus from a UK macroeconomic perspective today will be British fourth-quarter GDP, down to be released at 9.30am GMT.
- At 3pm keep an eye out for US new home sales figures.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.