After the Fed Reserve minutes released last night suggested that the US economy would have to worsen before further stimulation, markets have sold off in early trading
City Index July 12, 2012 10:09 PM
<p>After the Fed Reserve minutes released last night suggested that the US economy would have to worsen before further stimulation, markets have sold off in […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- After the Fed Reserve minutes released last night suggested that the US economy would have to worsen before further stimulation, markets have sold off in early trading, reversing yesterdays modest gains here in Europe.
- Currently we have the FTSE down 36 at 5617, the DAX is off 1% while the DOW futures are down just over a ½%.
- One of the few stocks in positive territory on the FTSE is ITV – they are the biggest gainer, currently up 1 ½%.
- On the down side we see Ashmore Group as the biggest faller, down 5 ½% after assets under management fell 3.3% and poor investment performance.
- G4S are also down 2.5% after the army was put on Olympic alert over security guard fears.
- Further developments on the FTSE 250 have Aegis Group up a staggering 45% on the day after Japanses giant Dentsu plan to buy the firm for an estimated £3.2bn.
- With low volumes characterising trading, this afternoons US Initial Jobless Claims at 1.30pm and tomorrows results from JP Morgan will undoubtedly provide some interest to a largely range bound market.
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.