After a slightly weaker day yesterday, the FTSE was up 23 points this morning
Trading Floor News March 14, 2013 3:20 PM
<p>- After a slightly weaker day yesterday, the FTSE was up 23 points this morning and had climbed above the 6500 level in early trading; […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- After a slightly weaker day yesterday, the FTSE was up 23 points this morning and had climbed above the 6500 level in early trading; remaining at the five-year high for this index.
- Morrison Supermarket led the way up 4.3% after reporting annual results and revealing they have been in discussions with Ocado to launch an online shopping service. Other strong performers were Aggreko and Prudential who were both up almost 4%.
- The DAX continued to rise and peaked at 8050 today, whilst the Dow Futures were also up 40 points.
- In currencies, the pound gained 0.1% against the dollar, and rose 0.2% against the euro.
- There is an EU Summit beginning today, and two key US figures out at 12.30; the PPI and Unemployment Claims.
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.