After a fairly turbulent week which saw the markets end on a low, things have begun the week in a far more positive fashion
City Index February 13, 2012 5:09 PM
<p>After a fairly turbulent week which saw the markets end on a low, with the FTSE down 43points and the Dow down 89 points on […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- After a fairly turbulent week which saw the markets end on a low, with the FTSE down 43points and the Dow down 89 points on Friday, things have begun the week in a far more positive fashion.
- Despite widespread discontent and violence, the Greek Parliament has approved an Austerity Bill which was needed to acquire a second bailout from the European Union and IMF and hopefully avoid a default that would send Europe spiralling out of control.
- Currently the FTSE is up 45 points at 5898 and in both France and Germany the DAX and CAC are up around 1%.
- Anglo American is the biggest gainer so far, up 3.3% as the miners push on. Kazakhmys, Rio Tinto and Vedanta are all up 2.5% to 2% respectively.
- With not many companies in negative territory this morning, Tesco is the biggest faller, down around 0.25%.
- With no major data released today, investors are looking to later in the week with British inflation and unemployment figures of note as well as US CPI figures.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.