A somewhat quiet start to the week on the corporate data
Mansur Chowdhury March 19, 2012 3:35 PM
<p>A somewhat quiet start to the week on the corporate data. Having touched an eight-month high last week, the FTSE is just dropping off 25 […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- A somewhat quiet start to the week on the corporate data. Having touched an eight-month high last week, the FTSE is just dropping off 25 points from last week’s close, currently trading at a level of 5940, with slight falls seen in European indices also, the German DAX at 7120, down 40 points and the CAC down 25 points. Some of the Economic data released last week possibly showing signs of a slowdown, suggesting the recent trends may have peaked.
- Homebuilder Berkeley group issued its interim management statement, they announced they delivered a robust trading performance over the period from 1st November to 29th February, and are well placed to deliver on its target to double profit before tax to £220million by April 2013.
- Also Magic Bidco Ltd, an investment vehicle indirectly owned by the Vista Funds, have agreed to buy the software developer Misys Plc for 350p per share.
- On a day quite devoid of any major economic data scheduled for release, the euro has edged lower against the US dollar trading at 1.3148, down by 0.2% and the pound sterling flat against the dollar from Friday’s close at 1.5836.
- Gold prices flat on the day at 1656 although still largely down from last weeks levels, with US crude oil also flat at 10740, which appears to be trading within a range at the moment.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.