A good start to the day for Europe
City Index March 6, 2013 4:08 PM
<p>European stock markets are seen this morning rising to their highest since the 2008 financial crisis, this was helped by signs the U.S. economy is […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- European stock markets are seen this morning rising to their highest since the 2008 financial crisis, this was helped by signs the U.S. economy is improving and expectations of more pledges of support for growth from major central banks.
- Strong performances from Vodafone, Admiral and Melrose helped extend gains on the FTSE 100 on Wednesday morning, pushing London’s benchmark index to fresh five-year highs.
- Asian stocks have continued a global rally after New York’s main Dow Jones share index hit a record high.
- Looking at the economic data the Euro-Zone Gross Domestic Product will be released at 11 this morning followed by Euro-Zone Household Consumption, Gross Fixed Capital and Euro-Zone Government Expenditure.
- The European Central Bank, the Bank of Japan and the Bank of England will hold their policy meetings on Thursday
- Most analysts expect the three central banks to continue their policies aimed at spurring growth in their economies, following on from reassurances by U.S. Federal Reserve officials that their stimulus programme remains in place.
StoneX Financial Ltd (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.