£100B injection, Eurozone, Greek elections
City Index June 15, 2012 2:25 PM
<p>It emerged last night that the government and central bank are preparing to inject 100 billion pounds into the economy to escape recession amidst the […]</p>
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- It emerged last night that the government and central bank are preparing to inject 100 billion pounds into the economy to escape recession amidst the eurozone crisis. Action from major economies saw US shares gain 155 points in yesterday’s session, with the Dow Jones Index closing at 10575.
- The FTSE had fallen 17 points at the close of trading yesterday to 5467. By 9.30am this morning the index was up 30 points on the day at 5505. RBS is the biggest riser up 6.5%. Lloyds and Barclays were also up 4.7% and 4.3% respectively.
- The DAX was up 40 points at 6180, and the CAC and DOW were also up at 3058, and 12722.
- The 9.30am UK Trade Balance figures were worse than expected at -10.1, having being forecast at -8.5. Later on today, at 2.55, the Prelim Consumer Sentiment figures are released for the USA.
- The Greek elections are to be held on Sunday which may determine the fate of the eurozone. If the Syrizia party are elected, the bail out deal with the EU and IMF is likely to be abandoned and we can expect the markets to be volatile surrounding this.
GAIN Capital UK Limited (trading as “City Index”) is an execution-only service provider. This material, whether or not it states any opinions, is for general information purposes only and it does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. This material has been prepared using the thoughts and opinions of the author and these may change. However, City Index does not plan to provide further updates to any material once published and it is not under any obligation to keep this material up to date. This material is short term in nature and may only relate to facts and circumstances existing at a specific time or day. Nothing in this material is (or should be considered to be) financial, investment, legal, tax or other advice and no reliance should be placed on it.
No opinion given in this material constitutes a recommendation by City Index or the author that any particular investment, security, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. The material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Although City Index is not specifically prevented from dealing before providing this material, City Index does not seek to take advantage of the material prior to its dissemination. This material is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.