MT4 Funding, Withdrawals and Transfers
The following FAQs apply to clients who held open positions at 10pm BST on 27th July, and thus have both 'New' and 'Existing' accounts.
- 1. Why can't I see my funds on my New account?
- 2. Will I have to provide all my payment card details again on my accounts?
- 3. Where can I see my funding history?
- 4. Do I have to fund each account separately?
- 5. Can I withdraw funds from my Existing account?
- 6. What are 'excess funds'?
- 7. Can I transfer funds between accounts?
- 8. How do I transfer funds between accounts?
Q1) Why can't I see my funds on my New account?
Any funds you had on your account prior to 29th July remain on your existing account. To view them, you'll need to log in to your existing account. You can transfer funds to your new account using the 'Transfer' feature within My Account.
Q2) Will I have to provide all my payment card details again on my accounts?
No. Any payment cards details you've previously registered will appear on both your accounts, enabling you to fund without having to re-enter your funding information.
Q3) Where can I see my funding history?
Your funding history is available to view on your New account. You can view your funding history by navigating to the 'Funding Activity' section within My Account.
Q4) Do I have to fund each account separately?
Yes - each of your accounts will need to be funded separately. You'll need to ensure you've logged in to the account you wish to fund, and then follow the usual steps within My Account to add funds. You can also transfer funds from your existing account your new account, using the 'Transfer' feature in My Account.
Q5) Can I withdraw funds from my Existing account?
Any additional funds you add to your New or Existing accounts after 29th July, will be available to withdraw, either by bank card (to the same card the initial payment was made from) or via bank transfer. Any existing funds that are in your Existing account after 29th July can be withdrawn via bank transfer from the Existing account, or transferred to the New account and withdrawn from there.
Any excess funds on your Existing account will be available to withdraw via bank transfer only, to allow us to comply with anti-money laundering regulations.
We recommend that you transfer funds to your New account before withdrawing, except if the funds you are attempting to withdraw were added to the Existing account to maintain an open position.
Q6) What are 'excess funds'?
Excess funds refer to monies on your account which exceed the funding history on that account (total deposits minus total withdrawals). This can include profits from trades, payments made over the phone or transfers from other accounts. In certain cases, we may need to request additional information when withdrawing excess funds, to comply with anti-money laundering regulations.
Q7) Can I transfer funds between accounts?
Yes - you can transfer funds from your Existing account to your New account. You cannot transfer in the opposite direction, however.
Q8) How do I transfer funds between accounts?
To transfer funds from your Existing account to your New account:
- Navigate to the funding section in My Account and select ‘Transfer’.
- Select the account you wish to transfer funds from using the ‘Transfer From Account’ drop-down menu. The amount available to transfer from this account will be displayed to the right of this menu.
- Select the account you wish to transfer funds to using the ‘Transfer To Account’ dropdown menu.
- Enter the amount you wish to transfer and select ‘Submit’.
- Once your request has been submitted you’ll see a summary page displaying the details for your transfer.
Speak to our friendly customer support team