Funding, Withdrawals and Transfers
The following FAQs apply to clients who held open positions at 10pm BST on 27th July, and thus have both 'Primary' and 'Secondary' accounts.
- 1. Why can't I see my funds on my Primary account?
- 2. Will I have to provide all my payment card details again on my accounts?
- 3. Where can I see my funding history?
- 4. Do I have to fund each account separately?
- 5. Can I withdraw funds from my Secondary account?
- 6. What are 'excess funds'?
- 7. Can I transfer funds between accounts?
- 8. How do I transfer funds between accounts?
Q1) Why can't I see my funds on my Primary account?
Any funds you had on your account prior to 29th July have been moved to your Secondary account. To view them, you'll need to switch accounts and select your secondary account. You can transfer funds to your Primary account using the 'Transfer' feature within MyAccount.
Q2) Will I have to provide all my payment card details again on my accounts?
No. Any payment cards details you've previously registered will appear on both your accounts, enabling you to fund without having to re-enter your funding information.
Q3) Where can I see my funding history?
Your funding history is available to view on your Primary account. You can view your funding history by navigating to the 'Funding Activity' section within My Account.
Q4) Do I have to fund each account separately?
Yes - each of your accounts will need to be funded separately. To support any existing open positions held prior to 29th July you'll need to fund your Secondary account accordingly. To open and support new positions after 29th July, you'll need to fund your Primary account. You'll need to ensure you've switched to the account you wish to fund, and then follow the usual steps within My Account to add funds. You can also transfer funds from your Secondary account to your Primary account, using the 'Transfer' feature in My Account.
Important information for iOS app users: If you wish to fund your Secondary account, please follow these steps
- Switch to your Secondary account within the app
- Navigate to the funding section within My Account by selecting 'More' > 'Account Funding' > 'Add Funds'
- Follow the steps to deposit funds into your Secondary account.
Note: Do not access the funding section using the 'Add Funds' tab from the main menu in the app, as this is linked to your Primary account only and thus any funds you add using this method will only be added to your Primary account.
Q5) Can I withdraw funds from my Secondary account?
Any additional funds you add to your Primary or Secondary accounts after 29th July, will be available to withdraw, either by bank card (to the same card the initial payment was made from) or via bank transfer. Any existing funds that have been transferred by us to your Secondary account on 29th July can be withdrawn via bank transfer from the Secondary account, or transferred to the Primary account and withdrawn from there.
Any excess funds on your Secondary account will be available to withdraw via bank transfer only, to allow us to comply with anti-money laundering regulations.
To withdraw funds:
- Switch to the account you wish to withdraw funds from in the platform, and then navigate to the funding section in My Account and select ‘Withdraw’.
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw and select ‘Next’.
- You will be shown the details of your withdrawal request, which includes a breakdown of your funds and the withdrawal methods available.
Any excess funds included in your withdrawal request will be shown separately and will need to be withdrawn via bank transfer to comply with anti-money laundering regulations.
- Chose the payment method(s) you wish to withdraw funds via, enter any details requested and click ‘Next’.
- Check your details are correct on the summary page, and then click ‘Submit Request’ to action your request.
Q6) What are 'excess funds'?
Excess funds refer to monies on your account which exceed the funding history on that account (total deposits minus total withdrawals). This can include profits from trades, payments made over the phone or transfers from other accounts. In certain cases, we may need to request additional information when withdrawing excess funds, to comply with anti-money laundering regulations.
Q7) Can I transfer funds between accounts?
Yes - you can transfer funds from your Secondary account to your Primary account. However, it is not possible to transfer in the opposite direction. No fees will be charged for making transfers.
Q8) How do I transfer funds between accounts?
- Navigate to the funding section in My Account and select ‘Transfer’.
- Select the account you wish to transfer funds from using the ‘Transfer From Account’ drop-down menu. The amount available to transfer from this account will be displayed to the right of this menu.
- Select the account you wish to transfer funds to using the ‘Transfer To Account’ dropdown menu. You will only be able to transfer from your Secondary account to your Primary account.
- Enter the amount you wish to transfer and select ‘Submit’.
- Once your request has been submitted you’ll see a summary page displaying the details for your transfer.
Speak to our friendly customer support team