- Can I apply for a demo account?
- How long does my demo account last for?
- What platforms will I be able to use?
- Can I extend my demo account?
- What is the difference between a demo account and a live account?
- I am ready to open a live account
1. Can I apply for a demo account?
City Index offers demo accounts for CFD, spread bet, joint CFD and spread bet and MT4 accounts. Please click here to apply.
2. How long does my demo account last for?
Your demo account gives you four weeks unlimited access to over 9,000 markets. It comes with a balance of £2,500 for you to trade risk-free.
3. What platforms will I be able to use?
Depending on which account you sign up for (CFD/Spread Bet or MT4), you will be able to access Advantage Trader and MT4 mobile, tablet and downloadable platforms for your account type. You can also access CFD/Spread Betting demo accounts via the Advantage Web browser platform.
4. Can I extend my demo account?
While it is not possible to extend the duration of a demo account, if you feel you need more time to practice trading, you can always apply for another one.
5. What is the difference between a demo account and a live account?
Demo accounts are intended to enable you to familiarise yourself with the tools and features of our trading platforms. Success or failure in simulated trading bears no relation to probable future results with any live trading that you may choose to engage in, and you should not expect any success with the Demo Account to be replicated in actual live trading.
Please note that a demo account cannot always reasonably reflect all of the market conditions that may affect pricing, execution and margin requirements in a live trading environment. Margin and leverage settings may vary from time to time between your demo account and a live account due to live account setting changes imposed as a result of elevated market volatility or other factors. We are also unable to offer options trading on demo accounts.
6. I am ready to open a live account
Great, either click the link on the top of your trading platform or use the link here.
Speak to our friendly customer support team