- 1. New features
- 2. Customisable workspaces
- 3. New ‘Search’ and ‘Browse’
- 4. Balance bar
- 5. Positions and orders
- 6. Charts
- 7. Trade tickets
- 8. Product Page
1. New featuresAdvantage Web 2.0 Beta contains a wealth of new features and tools:
- Our fastest ever execution
- Powerful HTML5 charts
- Smarter trade tickets
- 360 Market View pages
2. Customisable workspaces
There is a fresh new interface to your trading platform. The ‘default workspace’ is a curated workspace containing watchlists, charts, news and position windows to help you get started.
- You can add new workspaces by clicking on the + symbol on the top right corner of the platform
- You can now customise the platform how you want it by adding charts, news, positions windows and more
- Add up to a maximum of 10 workspaces
3. New ‘Search’ and ‘Browse’The watchlists are a good place to start if you’re looking to trade one of our popular markets. If you cannot find what you are looking for, we now have two great tools to help you find an instrument to trade. The Search tool is now faster and slicker than ever.
- Simply start typing the name of the instrument you are looking for and the list of results starts appearing.
- Filter by Product type (CFDs, Spread Bets or Options), view a chart, trade, add the product to your watchlist or add a Price Alert.
- Click Browse at the top of the platform
- Filter by asset class down the left hand side, such as Indices, FX or Shares.
- Choose the product type (CFDs/Spread Betting) and filter by region
- Click on the name of the product you are interested in to open a chart
- Trade directly from the chart, add it to your workspace, add it to a watchlist or open a Product Page
- Click on ‘Workspaces’ to get back to your workspace area
4. How does the new balance bar work?
Your balances, total margin and running P&L appear in the bar at the bottom. You can also quickly add funds to your account from here.
5. Where can I find positions and order information?The Positions window can be found on your default workspace, or can be added to any new workspace via the dropdown arrow on the top right corner of your workspace.
- Click the dropdown arrow
- Click on ‘Open Positions’ to select it
- The ‘Open Positions’ window will be added to your default workspace
The positions table displays all of your current open positions, sorted in chronological order, with your most recent trades at the top. Buy orders are represented by the blue blocks to the side of the instrument name, sell trades by red blocks. You can manage your stop and limit orders from within the Positions table, set price alerts and check your trade history.
The ‘Active orders’ window can also be added to your workspace in the same way as Open Positions above. ‘Active orders’ shows all your current pending orders displayed in chronological order. You can edit or delete orders from here.
6. ChartsThe Advantage Web 2.0 beta platform comes equipped with an all-new charting package, powered by TradingView. The charts offer a whole host of powerful features, including:
- Ten chart types to choose from including Point & Figure & Heikin Ashi
- Display multiple time frames in one chart window
- Overlay and compare two instruments on one chart
- 57 technical indicators and studies
- A huge range of drawing tools and study tools
Charts can be opened by clicking on the drop-down arrow to the right of an instrument name in a watchlist.
For a detailed guide on how to use the charting package on your platform, please visit our charting user guides.
7. How have trade tickets changed?
Stop and limit orders can now be set by price level, points away or profit or loss amount and these boxes will update on the fly to show you all three values. For example if you were to place a trade to sell the UK 100 at 7350 and wanted to risk £200, the ticket would show what exact price level your stop will be placed at. The ‘Margin required’ notification now shows the percentage of your total available funds that will be taken by a trade. The ‘Advanced ticket’ option allows you to place multiple stops and limits against one position or to place a ‘Hedged’ trade which opens a position in the opposite direction rather than closing an existing open position. Orders can be placed via the ‘Order’ tab on the trade ticket.
8. Product Page
This is a brand new feature - a whole page dedicated to a single instrument. Market Information, charts, news and economic calendar can all be located in one place. Select a market from the watchlist at the top of the page, or swap between your watchlists from the drop-down on the top left.
Find out how you can get started with City Index & get your live online trading account up and running.Learn More
Discover what a demo account is and how to use it & learn about trading before diving in with real moneyLearn More
Speak to our friendly customer support team