- We start the week with major indices trading slightly higher driven by upbeat Chinese PMI data. So far looking like it has overwhelmed the continuing concerns over the US fiscal situation from last week.
- The FTSE is at 5882, about 10 points higher from Fridays close, the DAX is at 7434, 5 points higher and the CAC is at 3574 so 8 points higher.
- With positive Chinese data released, it’s not surprising to see metal prices in demand, and as a resultant we find miners amongst the biggest risers driving the FTSE. Vedanta Resources being the strongest up 1.7% at 1089. But it’s fund manager Schoders who are the biggest risers so far this morning; they’re trading higher by over 3.3% at 1649, although it’s another financial stock Hargreaves Lansdown that are the biggest fallers down 1.5% at 745.
- As the day progresses it’s likely the major retailers could be in focus as the media dubs today as Cyber Monday, and expect today to be the most hectic day for online shopping.
- Other than the positive Chinese and Indian PMI figures, there isn’t much by way of major economic data released today although UK 10-year bonds will be auctioned at 10am.
- We do have a very busy week ahead with five central banks discussing monetary policies so plenty of opportunities ahead.
Major indices trading slightly higher driven by upbeat Chinese PMI data
From time to time, City Index Limited’s (“we”, “our”) website may contain links to other sites and/or resources provided by third parties. These links and/or resources are provided for your information only and we have no control over the contents of those materials, and in no way endorse their content. Any analysis, opinion, commentary or research-based material on our website is for information and educational purposes only and is not, in any circumstances, intended to be an offer, recommendation or solicitation to buy or sell. You should always seek independent advice as to your suitability to speculate in any related markets and your ability to assume the associated risks, if you are at all unsure. No representation or warranty is made, express or implied, that the materials on our website are complete or accurate. We are not under any obligation to update any such material.
As such, we (and/or our associated companies) will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage incurred by you or any third party arising out of, or in connection with, any use of the information on our website (other than with regards to any duty or liability that we are unable to limit or exclude by law or under the applicable regulatory system) and any such liability is hereby expressly disclaimed.