The City Index Economic Calendar offers at-a-glance information on major market moving events affecting the UK, US, Australia, Japan, Germany and France. A vital tool for traders, the Economic Calendar enables you to understand the impact of key market-moving events, so you can better plan your spread betting, CFD trading or forex trading strategies.
Sunday 1st – Sunday 8th May
- - Sunday 1st May, 2:00am BST – China Manufacturing PMI (April)
- Another result above the 50 marker, might, just might, offer hope that China’s slowdown is slowing; or it might be just seasonal
- - Tuesday 3rd May, 5.30am BST – RBA Interest Rates Decision
- Forecasts see the RBA staying on hold till Q4 when consensus expects a cut. The statement, as always, will be key.
- - Friday 6th May, 1.30pm BST – Non-farm payrolls (April)
- Another strong influx of at least 200,000 jobs is likely, with average earnings steady and unemployment tight at 5%